Saturday, July 9, 2016

Top 5 Christian Rock Songs

Gotta love Blimey Cow.

There is a lot of sub-par Christian rock. Like, a lot of it.

I just wanted to throw that out there. *waits to be pelted with tomatoes and worship songbooks*

Christian rock tends to fall into the rut, maybe more than any other genre, of each song sounding the same. Ok, country sometimes has that problem, and probably pop too. Maybe I just notice this with Christian music because I've been listening to K-Love from the tender age of…actually I don't know what tender age. Let's just say I was really young.

Anyway, there are some genuinely good Christian songs, with good lyrics as well as a good, unique sound. At least unique to my relatively undeveloped music taste.

Here are my top 5 Christian rock/pop/whatever songs. There are a lot more good ones out there, but there's only so much room and I only have so much initiative.

(I won't number them, by the way. That would require being decisive.  ;P  )

"Free to Be Me"

"I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans. Try to fit the pieces together but perfection is my enemy, and on my own I'm so clumsy but on your shoulders I can see I'm free to be me."

"Speak Life" 

"Lift your head a little higher, spread the love like fire. Hope will fall like rain when you speak life with the words you say."
"Love Song for a Savior"

"He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens, as close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips. Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him. Someday He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray, 'I want to fall in love with You.'"


"Shine"


"Shine. Make 'em wonder what you've got. Make 'em wish that they were not on the outside, looking bored."

"Oceans"

"Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior."
What are some of your favorite modern Christian songs? When I ask questions I always worry that no one will reply, which would be pretty funny and somewhat awkward, but I'll get over it so no worries.  ;)

By the way, I've been experimenting with one of those poll thingys on the left side of the blog, if you'd like to give your opinion on a question that has polarized many people…




3 comments:

  1. I usually don't like Christian rock because they usually aren't artistically good songs.but I do have a few favorites. He was walking her home by Mark schultz. Amazing. Speaking of amazing, This is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham. Lost get found brit Nicole used to be a fav.kari Jobe is good. Colton Dixon has a great voice but I can't think of a specific song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, "He Was Walking Her Home" is amazing! Once it started playing I realized it was one that I used to love when I was younger but I didn't really get the lyrics at the time, and then I forgot about it because they stopped playing it on the radio. I may or may not have teared up listening to it again… ;)

      Wow, "Lost Get Found" is really good. I had forgotten about that one too!

      P.S. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah I am so in love with the guy in the song who ever he is or will be for me. Always happy to share my wisdom ;)
    -mj

    ReplyDelete

Speak, friend, and comment!